There are many self-employed who have health insurance with us and many times they do not know that the policy can be deducted on their income statement. It is important to know this information well if you are self-employed and are thinking of taking out private health insurance. The advantages of having private health insurance are many, but in the case of the self-employed, the fiscal ones are added and consequently the total price you will pay for your health insurance.
How much does a self-employed health insurance deduct?
The Tax Agency considers this policy as a deductible expense. This fact means that by contracting health insurance as a self-employed person we will have a reduction in the taxes that affect the income statement. The maximum limit of the deduction for self-employed health insurance is € 500 or € 1500 in the case of people with disabilities.
In addition, this deduction is contemplated not only for the insured himself, but also for his spouse and children under 25 years of age who live with the autonomous policyholder. What this means is that, if you are self-employed and have health insurance with us, you can benefit from the best coverage by paying a very low price after filing your income.
EXAMPLE OF TAX BENEFIT HEALTH INSURANCE
- Cost of Adeslas Self-Employed Insurance : € 47, the annual price of your insurance will be: € 564, in this case you can deduct € 500.
- If you include your spouse and at least one child under 25 years of age : annual cost of the Adeslas self-employed insurance for the 3 insured: € 1,692, in this case you can deduct € 1,500.
As you can see in both cases, the cost of the Adeslas private insurance for freelancers is only € 64 – € 192 per year .
What documents do I need to deduct health insurance?
The first thing you must provide are the particular conditions of the insurance during the legal terms established according to the tax regulations, that is, during the year for which the income statement is made.
In addition, you must always keep the documentation that justifies the policy of each insured. It is enough to
have the bank receipt of the payment made. Remember that this deduction has maximum annual limits (review the previous section on how much does a self-employed health insurance deduct?).
For this reason, it must be very clear what amount is being attributed as a relief to each insured. These documents do NOT have to be presented to the Treasury, but it is advisable to keep them safely in case there is any type of discrepancy.
Can Adeslas health insurance be deducted while being autonomous?
As we have seen in the article, not only can you deduct health insurance if you are self-employed, you can also deduct the expenses of the spouse and children under 25 years of age. On the other hand, this tax benefit aimed at self-employed workers allows the insured and family to enjoy private health insurance with a very low final cost.
In addition, now Adeslas offers great promotions for the Self-Employed. Not only will you be able to ensure the self-employment insurance deduction, but you will also get refunds of up to € 150 when contracting your Health and dental insurance or up to € 100 for health insurance.
Other insurances that you can also deduct if you are self-employed
There are other insurances with which you will have tax advantages as a self-employed person:
- Life Insurance: since the last tax reform, the self-employed can deduct life insurance in their income in the coverage of death, temporary disability or permanent disability. As in health insurance, the amounts to be deducted in this policy are a maximum of € 500 per year.
- Commercial and Office Insurance: the entire amount may be deducted since it is a space intended for professional activity. In the event that you carry out your activity in your private home, you can deduct a percentage of the home insurance.
- Civil Liability Insurance: as long as the insurance is linked to the economic activity of the self-employed person, it may be deducted in the income statement.
- Automobile Insurance: if the vehicle is a 100% tool of your work, it may be deducted as an expense of your professional activity.